RE: [TR] 24 volt startup

To: "'Paul Dorsey'" <dorpaul@negia.net>,
Subject: RE: [TR] 24 volt startup
From: "Joe Curry" <spitlist@cox.net>
Date: Sun, 19 Mar 2006 19:00:25 -0700
Paul,
To get 24 volts, you need to connect the batteries in series.  But I think
that if it is having that much trouble turning over, the engine is too
tight.

I had the same problem with a VW engine I had rebuilt a few years ago and
when it was warm the engine started right up.  But when the weather turned
cold, it would hardly turn over at all.

I took it to the shop that rebuilt the engine and the bearings were all
scored from being too tight.  Needless to say, they redid their rebuild.

Joe C.