[TR] Setting Transmission Shift Detents

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: [TR] Setting Transmission Shift Detents
From: MotoPsyche@aol.com
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2006 13:18:38 EST
With the gearbox out of the car, I'm ready to tackle the difficult  shifting.
 It seems to take an inordinate amount of effort to move into  gears through
neutral, and I'm thinking it may have something to do with the  amount of
spring force on the detents that regulate the shifting  forks.

Any advice on what to look for or how to modify this aspect of the  shift
linkage?

I've got a four speed with synchro first in my 1960 TR3A, so the gearbox is
nonstandard.

Many thanks!

Bill Stagg
Indy