Re: [TR] Starter won't go

To: beaker211@rogers.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] Starter won't go
From: Dave1massey@cs.com
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2006 13:37:54 EST
In a message dated 3/22/2006 11:33:31 AM Central Standard Time,
beaker211@rogers.com writes:
>   Well, it is later now and boosting it had no effect. I'll point out  that
> last weekend I installed a new starter solenoid. Everything worked  fine
> until this morning. Swapping the old one back didn't change  anything - same
> symptoms.   Sometimes when I turn the ignition ket  to 'accessory' or 'on', I
> get no power at all (I can tell cuz the radio  shows no power and none of the
> idiot lights come on). The reason I  though my battery was dead this morning
> because when I turned the  headlight switch on, nothing happened, so it was
> likely for the same  reason.
>
>   So, what are the possible problems here? Bad solenoid? Solenoid not
> grounded properly? Short circuit somewhere? Starter issue? What's the  best
>order
> of action?

I am not familiar with GT6 electrical systems but the later TR6 systems have
a three way connection on the battery cable for system power from the battery.
 If one of those connections goes bad some but not all electrical loads will
no longer work.  If the GT6 has this kind of power distribution set up it
could be as simple as wiggling the connectors to restore full function.

Dave

===     http://www.vtr.org