[TR] Light Problem

To: Triumph List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] Light Problem
From: Bill & Skip Pugh <anabil007@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2006 14:17:07 -0800
I am stumped ... no low beam head light on the TR3 ... no problem,
replace the bulb (H4) ... nope still no  low beam. Get the voltage
tester ( light bulb to ground via sharp point), I have voltage (bulb
lights) on the switch end of the wire  harness (red/blue).  Now the
switch end is connected to the  light harness by a push connector,
and they are connected.  HOWEVER when I put the tester on the
red/blue to the light harness end  ... NO voltage  (bulb does not
light).  Ah Ha  bad  wire ... break out the VOM ... resistance from
the disconnected light harness red/blue to the bulb  connector ...  0
ohms  +-1 ohm.
This  contradicts everything  I know about electricity especially DC
theory  ... now  the Navy spent a lot of money teaching me this stuff
but  Lucas seems to not follow  the rules .

Please  advise, and thanks  for your  time

--
Bill  Pugh
1957 TR3 TS16765L

===     http://www.vtr.org