Re: [TR] Light Problem

To: anabil007@comcast.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] Light Problem
From: Dave1massey@cs.com
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2006 18:48:22 EST
In a message dated 3/22/2006 4:28:04 PM Central Standard Time,
anabil007@comcast.net writes:
> I am stumped ... no low beam head light on the TR3 ... no problem,
> replace the bulb (H4) ... nope still no  low beam. Get the voltage
> tester ( light bulb to ground via sharp point), I have voltage (bulb
> lights) on the switch end of the wire  harness (red/blue).  Now the
> switch end is connected to the  light harness by a push connector,
> and they are connected.  HOWEVER when I put the tester on the
> red/blue to the light harness end  ... NO voltage  (bulb does not
> light).  Ah Ha  bad  wire ... break out the VOM ... resistance from
> the disconnected light harness red/blue to the bulb  connector ...  0
> ohms  +-1 ohm.
> This  contradicts everything  I know about electricity especially DC
> theory  ... now  the Navy spent a lot of money teaching me this stuff
> but  Lucas seems to not follow  the rules .

Bill, did you verify that one end of the harness is not in a different
parallel universe from the other end?  (gotta cover all bases)

Does the other low beam work?  What connectors are between this bulb and the
other one (if it does work)?  It is possible that when you measure voltages
and ohms you are moving the harness which is pushing/pulling on connectors
making them make/break connections.

I'd start there.  But if you do go to that parallel universe, look for my
missing sock, will ya?

Dave

===     http://www.vtr.org