[TR] Green & Delphi clutch quality?

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] Green & Delphi clutch quality?
From: "Arakelian, Peter" <arakelianp@mossmotors.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2006 12:31:58 -0800
<< 'Green' makes throwout bearings and 'Delphi' makes pressure and
friction  plates to Borg & Beck specs. Maybe Moss and TRF sells these
brands? Are these high  quality parts? >>

Let me see if I can answer these....

Yes, Green Bearing is a US bearing mfg.  I think they make a good
release bearing, but there have been quality issues regarding a slight
whine when a car is first started - I don't meant the first time after
the bearing is installed , I mean every time the car is first started.
I have one in my TR6, and get a whine for the first minute, but
afterward is fine.  Some users will not accept that, so we have stopped
offering it and instead offer the RHP bearing which is the bearing
originally supplied with the clutches.

Delphi.  Correct, in UK they are the successor to AP/Lockheed which took
over Borg&Beck.  However, AP/Lockheed has broken up as well and the
successor to that is AP Driveline Technologies, LTD.  They offer as
close to an original clutch as will be found.

Ah, the corporate dance continues...

Peter Arakelian - '71 TR6 Daily Driver

===     http://www.vtr.org