RE: [TR] B/J

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: [TR] B/J
From: "Randy&Val DeRuiter" <deruiterville@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 01 Apr 2006 10:25:52 -0600
FT wrote : "As far as a April Fools joke, B/J is a straight up business"

My comment on April Fools was tongue in cheek - and I have no doubt
Barrett-Jackson is a business.  But this sale is an aberration for two
reasons:  it is undoubtedly a unique TR4 for receipted expenses of $85K -
probably unique for Triumphs as a whole.  It is also unique in terms of a
buyer buying a TR4, I bet it blows away the next closest price by at least a
factor of 3.

In the writeup there is no discussion of any type of historical pedigree to
warrant this price.  Look at the engine and you see an add on TR4a PCV
setup, braided wire harness, and even the wrong nut on the hood release
cable - none of them bound to be pluses at the next concours event.  B/J is
definitely a business all right - and very successful one at parting some
March 31st Fool from his or her money.  Apologies to anyone on the list who
may have been the buyer and congratulations to anyone who may have been the
seller!

Randy.

===     http://www.vtr.org