RE: [TR] Collector Car Insurance

To: "'Alexander Delis'" <ols@bcdef.net>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [TR] Collector Car Insurance
From: "Bob Danielson" <75TR6@tr6.danielsonfamily.org>
Date: Sun, 2 Apr 2006 20:12:19 -0400
Alex,
I can't answer about MA insurance regulations but in looking at a collector
car company, pick one based on how you plan on using your car. Many of them
have strict limits on the number of miles used each year or your intended
car use. I wanted to be able to drive my car as a daily driver, park where
ever necessary and leave it unattended for 4 hours while I play golf. That
immediately eliminated most of the collector car insurance companies. If
your plan is to take it on summer drives or to car shows, then most of these
companies are back in the mix. The other thing to get clear is whether they
are insuring you for "stated value or agreed to value". Based on my needs, I
ended up with AON and the rate was a fraction of what I was paying when I
had the TR6 with my regular insurance company AMICA.

Just a thought...when you say that you think MA sets the rates, do you mean
the minimum coverage you're required to carry? I believe every state does
set their own minimums for liability, medical etc but all that means is you
have to carry those minimum amounts on your policy.

Bob Danielson
1975 TR6
http://tr6.danielsonfamily.org