[TR] Collector Car Insurance

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: [TR] Collector Car Insurance
From: Alexander Delis <ols@bcdef.net>
Date: Sun, 2 Apr 2006 19:18:34 -0400
Listers

I was chatting today with a fellow LBC enthusiast and the subject of
insurance came up.  Living in Massachusetts, home of the most
expensive rates in the country, I was surprised when he mentioned that
he was using a company name Grundy for his insurance and that he was
paying a tiny fraction of what I pay to my regular car policy.

Sure enough, I went to their web site and was quoted about a third of
what I pay for one of my cars for both of them. Being a bit cynical,
I thought I would ask if anyone here has had experience with Grundy
or any other collector car insurance. On one hand, it just seems too
good to be true; on the other though, a company that realizes that
these cars are essentially babied by (most) of their owners and
really not driven that many miles in the scheme of things could
probably charge less.

The other question I have is that in Massachusetts all (so I am told)
car insurance rates are set by the state-I wonder how they can do
this?

Any comments/experiences would be appreciated.

Thanks

Alex

--
1958 TR3A TS33884L