[TR] Re: Jack Color

To: standardtriumph@btinternet.com, 6pack@autox.team.net,
Subject: [TR] Re: Jack Color
From: TR250Driver@aol.com
Date: Tue, 4 Apr 2006 14:33:58 EDT
In a message dated 4/4/2006 10:33:12 AM Eastern Standard Time,
standardtriumph@btinternet.com writes:

> So where would that put me in the concours judging? Is there a VTR
> or 6 Pack classification for "knocked-off" genuine original kit of diverse
> hue and finish?
>
> Jonmac

Hi John,
Fortunately, at the VTR Concours we do not currently "Judge" tool kits, spare
tires, Jacks, owners manuals, etc.  Possibly for the very reason you have
brought up.  Too many variables especially for the later models (for instance
some TR7 Jacks are Black and some Blue, I think).  It is OK to display them but
they will not be cause to lose or gain points.

Now TRA does require Concours Cars to display all the various tire changing
equipment and it is judged. Sidescreen cars and TR4's are pretty well defined
in that area. However, Tool Kits are optional but if you display it, it must be
all there, the way they like it and in top notch condition, Super Slim
wrenches, Blue/Green hammer finish Techemint Grease Gun, Et All, or you could
lose
points.  No penalty for not displaying any Tool Kit, go figure. Don't leave a
non original key in the switch either!

I am going to say that 6-PACK currently does not judge tire changing
equipment but they have in the past.  Not sure since those guys give me a break
nowadays and don't let me judge. Bless Them!  I don't think anyone has a clue
what
type of tool kits came with TR6's, if any. I always have my version in the
Boot, just to show off like I do Know.

Oh, I think I have seen Black TR6 Jacks too and the only body color Jack that
comes to mind is the Laurel one in my 71 TR6.  I have a 70 Laurel Spitfire
MK3 with a Laurel Jack too. Could you imagine an Inca Yellow Jack?

Cheers,
Darrell

===     http://www.vtr.org