Re: [TR] The 'magic' of the name lives on?

To: Dave1massey@cs.com, standardtriumph@btinternet.com,
Subject: Re: [TR] The 'magic' of the name lives on?
From: McGaheyRx@aol.com
Date: Tue, 4 Apr 2006 23:51:00 EDT
In a message dated 4/4/2006 5:56:49 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
Dave1massey@cs.com writes:

Then  there is the question: if we recreate a Triumph, which model do we
copy?
It can be argued that any car they develop will more closely resemble the
TR7/8 model in design and manufacture than any other.  But that car  was so
ahead
of its time it still looks almost current.  So, do we  copy the original?
TR2/3 styling?  How do you do that justice  and still meet crash safety
standards?
Do you take a Z3 and give it a  paint job that simulates the cut down door
look?  (Gag).  Or do  you do the Michelotti stylings of the TR4 the
injustice?
Or the  hairy chested TR6?  (since this one was partly styled by Karman it
just
might get the nod)  Or maybe the nimble  Spitfire?

interesting questions
Hare's another one: If BMW decides to build a Triumph at their South
Carolina plant, is it a British car?

Cheers
Jack Mc

===     http://www.vtr.org