[TR] Glasspacks was It runs! It runs!

To: "Cosmo Kramer" <tr4a2712@yahoo.com>
Subject: [TR] Glasspacks was It runs! It runs!
From: "Paul Dorsey" <dorpaul@negia.net>
Date: Sat, 8 Apr 2006 23:51:34 -0400
Everyone,
I'm sure you know this: that everything you do leads to dozens of other
things that need doing or
you need to do it wrong 4-5 times before you can do it right.  I'm way past
the honeymoon stage, and sometimes it's a drag, but I found out I think I
love her.  My car that is.  Most of my desire with her is merely in my head,
after all the 10 minutes of run time I've shared with her thusfar, is the
only 'real' time I've known her completely. And that's in the biblical
sense.  Heck she may turn out speaking a different language.  I'm sure many
people didn't speak her language and only drove them 10,000 miles a year- it
must be that they found her 'unfun to drive'.  How much fun can impractical
be?
    I double checked and I do only have 1 canister gasket in there.  I also
have had the crank milled down to meet a manufactor's recommendation for a
new and improved rear seal- while it was year's ago, only 10 minutes of use
has that seal had.  In fact, I left off my tranny so that I could catch the
seal leaking.  Fortunately, I don't think it is doing so.  Someone told me
that "some of those manufactorers' of rear seals had given out bad info.
regarding the amount to mill the crank".  I hope that doesnt apply to me!
    Thanks for the overheating advice, Michael, I'm sorry I deleted it. You
said the signs of a warped head includes 'emulsified oil'.  Does that look
like oil with water in it?  If I also check the coolant and find small
traces of oil in it, then is that also bad?

    Guess what?  I've bought a glasspack exhaust on Ebay at:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4625010712&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT&rd=1
Do you or anyone else know about these?  Does it matter which end fits
forward?  Any other suggestions about how to install?  It seems that all I
need is exhaust tubing to run through the cruciform in order for this to
work.
    I should have the car on the road by summer, but then, I've been saying
that for several summers.  And yes, I believe I belong to Georgia TRA.
    Randall- I have 2 tall jackstands already, do you use 4?
Thanks,
Paul Dorsey
60 TR3A w/ TR4 motor

===     http://www.vtr.org