RE: [TR] Gas Tank Mounting

To: tr3driver@comcast.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: [TR] Gas Tank Mounting
From: "David Gunn" <ccgunn1010@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 08 Apr 2006 23:03:30 -0700
I guess I have a similar question as Terry.  What pedestals?  My TR2 tank
sits on the felt, which I would guess to be a little thicker, 3/16" to 1/4".
  The felt sits on a flat shelf.  But I don't recall there being any
pedestals.  The tank straps do fit very snug, so I don't know where anything
else would fit?

I do agree that the 2x4's are too thick.  I suppose another alternative
would be that the DPO made longer tank straps?  It's hard to imagine that
there is enough room between the top of the tank and the body to accommodate
a 1 3/4" lift from below.

David Gunn, TS3388L

===     http://www.vtr.org