Re: [TR] Quest (compass)

To: "Ken Gano, home" <triumphs@consolidated.net>,
Subject: Re: [TR] Quest (compass)
From: Steven Newell <steven@newellboys.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2006 13:29:20 -0600
Ken Gano, home wrote:

>I am looking for a good quality, analog compass, with lighting that can be
>wired into the dash lights circuit.  Ideally, it would also be small enough
>not to be totally out of place in a TR3.  I have a digital, but I am tired
>of replacing batteries and re-calibrating the darn thing and it is so
>cheaply made that the internal night quit working a long time ago.  A small,
>analog (mechanical) one would be a better choice for the application.

I've looked at aircraft compasses, thinking I would install one in a
spare glovebox door. Since the aircraft compasses are face mounted,
they'd work in the door if you have one to cut. There are some suitable
vintage ones on eBay from time to time, and others listed on army/navy
surplus store web sites. I haven't bought one yet, but I did get an
aircraft clock that I installed on a spare glovebox door. Might give you
some inspiration.

http://newellboys.com/parts/stopwatch-small.jpg

Steven Newell
Littleton, CO USA
'62 TR4 x 2 x $97,200 = college for the kids?

===     http://www.vtr.org