RE: [TR] Quest (compass)

To: "'Steven Newell'" <steven@newellboys.com>,
Subject: RE: [TR] Quest (compass)
From: "Bill Miller (LBC's)" <lbcs@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2006 18:29:45 -0400
If you are talking about the big "compass" on the panel, the DG (directional
gyro) or HI (heading indicator), it is not a compass per se.  It requires a
vacuum pump to make it work (some use electrical gyros)   These are the face
mounted instruments.  They also drift a little and should be reset every 30
or so minutes to the magnetic compass...

Aircraft compasses are magnetic and look like the ones mounted on the dash
of cars, liquid filled bubble and all.

Bill