[TR] 1969 Mk3 Spitfire available; Colorado

To: blclifford@comcast.net
Subject: [TR] 1969 Mk3 Spitfire available; Colorado
From: zoboherald@aol.com
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2006 12:20:21 -0400
Please contact Bruce, not me.

--Andy  Mace

=======================

 -----Original Message-----
 From: blclifford@comcast.net
 To: herald1200@aol.com
 Sent: Fri, 14 Apr 2006 02:01:56 +0000
 Subject: Re:Another spitfire

 Hi Andy,
  I don't know where you posted the spitfire body I had for sale, but I
did sell
  it. I had quite a few responses from other states, but someone fairly
close
  ended up buying it. So.... I would really appreeciate it it you would
post
 another one.
 It is:
  1969 Triumph spitfire. This would be a great project for someone that
does not
  want to deal with a rust bucket. It is a whole car, sitting on wheels
with
  inflated tires. It does not run, the engine is out of it. The only
rust I know
  of is behind the rear wheel. There is a spot about 3" long in the
wheel arch
  that would need to be fixed. It is also bubbly right in front of the
same wheel.
 It is missing tail and park light lenses and a few other small parts.
 It has the proper '69 engine. New rings, bearings etc.
 New clutch and TO bearing.
 Very good (not new) windshield.
 New WS gasket and chrome trim.
 New rubber for door surrounds, door waist rubber and fuzzy strips.
 All new rubber for brake and clutch hydraulics.
 New brake shoes and pads.
 New top. New cherry wood dash (this is beautiful!)
  This was going to be my wife's car. her first car was a Spit. She has
decided
  that she wants something else. I have found the car she wants, so the
Spitfire
 is taking up much needed room.
  I have $1600 wrapped up in the car so far, but will sell for $1400 if
it goes
 soon.
 I don't have a title, will provide a bill of sale.
 Any and all spitfire parts I have will go with this car.
[...]
 If you can post this, I would really appreciate it
 My phone number is 970-290-3791 or I can be reached via email.
 I need to emphasize, this baby needs a new home quickly!
 Thanks,
 Bruce Clifford, Loveland, Colorado
  p.s. Part of the motivation is I really want to get going on my Herald
too.

 [Image removed]

===     http://www.vtr.org