Re: [TR] weight strapped on rear of transmission

To: "THOMAS NON-PUB TAYLOR" <kenmorett@msn.com>,
Subject: Re: [TR] weight strapped on rear of transmission
From: "Kurtis" <tr4driver@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 15 Apr 2006 12:09:08 -0500
Thomas,

My 1963 TR4 has that weight as well.  Like you, I was curious and asked the
list about it a few years ago when I rebuilt my engine.  Based on the
didn't.  The general consensus at the time was that it was some kind of
dampening device.  Perhaps to reduce vibrations in the gear shift(?).  I
left mine on.

Kurtis Jones
Russellville, Arkansas
1963 TR4 - CT19389L