[TR] weight strapped on rear of transmission

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] weight strapped on rear of transmission
From: "THOMAS NON-PUB TAYLOR" <kenmorett@msn.com>
Date: Sat, 15 Apr 2006 12:53:21 -0400
Hi list,  this is my first time asking for information from the list.  I live
in Western New York and I'm also a friend of Cosmo Kramer.  I am currently
restoring a 61 TR4 and I have purchased a used engine and transmission for it.
My question is there  is a weight that is strapped to the rear tail of the
transmission that weighs about five pounds and I'm not sure what purpose this
is for.  I can't find any reference to this part in any of my manuels and I
wouldn't want to remove it if it's there for a purpose.  I would appreciate
any information about this.

                             Tom Taylor  TR4 owner former TR3 owner.

===     http://www.vtr.org