Re: [TR] weight strapped on rear of transmission

To: triumph list <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] weight strapped on rear of transmission
From: Jim <cartr4a@ameritech.net>
Date: Sat, 15 Apr 2006 10:39:06 -0700 (PDT)
I just pulled the gearbox on my '67 TR-4A and it has the weight also.  Gearbox
number is correct for my car so this little mystery must have been included on
some TR-4A's.

  Jim
  '67 TR-4A
  '68 GT6
  '73 Spit6
  http://www.geocities.com/britishiron2000

Bill McLeod <wbmcleod@cox.net> wrote:
  I have seen discussion of this before, and I believe the consensus was
that the weight serves as a vibration damper. Evidently it only
appeared on 4's. One of life's little mysteries, I guess....

Regards, Bill

===     http://www.vtr.org