[TR] Clutch shaft replacement

To: triumph list <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] Clutch shaft replacement
From: Jim <cartr4a@ameritech.net>
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2006 11:55:20 -0700 (PDT)
I'm replacing the clutch on my TR-4A, and also replacing the clutch shaft,
fork, etc. I bought the fork kit from TRF and the shaft is different from my
old one. My old shaft has a groove cut in it on the end away from the slave
cylinder for a retaining screw, the new shaft doesn't have a groove. Is the
retaining screw necessary? Anyone use this shaft without the screw?
I noticed in the TR6 catalogs that retaining screw isn't used. Opinions please!

  There's a picture of the shafts here:
  http://www.geocities.com/britishiron2000/test.html

  Thanks,

  Jim