[TR] suction at intake ports on head?

To: "triumph list" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] suction at intake ports on head?
From: "Paul Dorsey" <dorpaul@negia.net>
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2006 15:01:52 -0400
I put my engine back togather, cranked it but still no. suction from the
rear SU carb.
Twice now I've took the intake manifold off, finding the new gaskets all
well and good and so I still don't know where the vacuum leak is on the rear
SU.  The head/intake manifold  gaskets are also brand new! All gaskets are
new.  Attempting to spray starter fluid  while it's sputtering on no 1&2
cylinders doesn't really reveal any leaks around the manifolds.  I guess
this time when I have the intake manifold off, I should also crank it.  I
would think that at each intake port that I should feel a distinct vacuum.
Is this true?
Paul Dorsey  60 TR3A

===     http://www.vtr.org