Re: [TR] spin on oil filter

To: jrmcarthur@verizon.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] spin on oil filter
From: Dave1massey@cs.com
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2006 12:30:39 EDT
In a message dated 4/18/2006 10:29:46 AM Central Standard Time,
jrmcarthur@verizon.net writes:
>     Good Day to the list......Well, I have taken the first step towards
> doing all of the updates and repairs that I have put off for a few years by
> canceling the insurance on the TR6. The car is up on stands with the wheels
> removed and I am ready to begin. I have decided to sneak up on the long list
>
> by installing a spin on oil filter conversion. The one that I have is part
> #TT1286 manufactured by Mocal Aeroquip and distributed (?) by Moss Europe
> LTD. Can someone give me some part #'s and manufacturers for a spin on
> filter that will work with this adapter? All replies are
> appreciated!.........Jim McArthur ('74  TR6/
> Cf17672U)..jrmcarthur@verizon.net

I use the Motocraft FL400 series filter.  It fits my Fords, too.

When you mount the filter adapter, be sure to fit a filter so that you can
rotate the adapter such that the filter will not interfere with the clutch
slave
cylinder.  A bit of a forward rotation at the bottom will suffice.

The first thing you will notice is that oil pressure will build up much more
quickly that with the old canister system.  That is because the spin on filter
doesn't drain out each time the engine is stopped.

Cheers and enjoy.

Dave Massey
57 TR3
71 TR6 with spin on for 10+ years