RE: [TR] Horn\ Indicator switch

To: <Runamok714@aol.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [TR] Horn\ Indicator switch
From: "Peter Ryner" <pryner@verizon.net>
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2006 09:38:28 -0400
Michael,
No magic just persistance.  I fished a piece of safety wire through the
column first and attached it to the harness.  You have to feed the metal
connectors into the tube one at a time.  I tried to wrap the connectors with
tape first, but it made the harness too large.  The wires should be slightly
different lengths to facilitate the process. Wrap the safety wire (or any
other strong small wire) around the harness after the last connector goes
into the tube.  That way you will be pulling on the bundle, not a single
wire so they don't break.  I've found that a second person helping to pull
the wire while you push the harness down the tube works very well.   Once
the connectors are lined up in the tube it goes fairly easy.
Good luck
Pete