RE: [TR] Horn\ Indicator switch

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [TR] Horn\ Indicator switch
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2006 10:49:59 -0700
> Does anyone have a magical method of feeding the wire harness for
> my horn,
> flasher switch through the steering shaft. My new one is a repo
> that  came with
> the car. And in spite of my best efforts does not want to
> cooperate. I have
> tried pull wires and lubricants but it just seems to be to  big.

Original ones pull pretty easy, even without lubricant.  I wrap a piece of
steel "baling" wire around the 4 wires between the highest bullet (which are
staggered to fit through the tube) and the jacket.  Feed the baling wire
through the tube, then feed the harness in as I pull the wire out.  Easiest
with the tube still out of the car ... so I pull until the wire just sticks
out a bit then install the tube in the car before pulling the rest of the
way.

Since original tubes do sometimes break and are currently NLA, it's also
possible someone has replaced your tube with one that has a smaller id.  But
TRF and Moss should both have a harness that fits in the correct tube.

Randall

===     http://www.vtr.org