[TR] TR6 seat back

To: "triumph list" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] TR6 seat back
From: "Mark Hooper" <mhooper@digiscreen.ca>
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2006 21:57:50 -0400
I've been experiencing the joys of being headfirst in the driver's side
footwell of my TR6, scraping rust from an unsuspected water leak. For more
room I pulled the seat. I recalled that last year I was getting a bit of stiff
lower back from driving. I had replaced the seat diaphragms a year ago (which
made a huge difference), so I decided to investigate the state of the seat
backs.

I popped open the back of the seat (first time in 34 years I'm sure) and
discovered that A - I am quite a few pennies, nickels, dimes and quarters
richer; B - the middle elastic bands across the seat back are quite loose. Are
these adjustable (i.e. punch a new hole and tighten up like a belt) or are
they supposed to be loose? The diaphragms are certainly not loose. Can one buy
the bands pre-cut, or is this something from only a specific seat kit? I do
sort of need to re-upholster the seats, but was hoping to put it off to next
year and aim for leather. This year's expenditures for the TR are nearing the
limit. Any more will cut into SWMBO's bonbon budget.

Heading off to look at my TRF and VB catalogues, but thought I'd ask a greater
resource; the list.

Mark
1972 TR6

===     http://www.vtr.org