Re: [TR] Non LBC.....Octane Impact

To: "Bob Danielson" <75TR6@tr6.danielsonfamily.org>,
Subject: Re: [TR] Non LBC.....Octane Impact
From: "Joe Curry" <spitlist@cox.net>
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2006 10:38:26 -0700
Bob,
Detonation is the bain of high performance engines.  Depending on how the VW
ECU handles the results from the knowck sensor, it may or may not be a
problem.  My question is, "Can you hear any pinging or knowcking,
particularly when you are lugging the engine on an uphill grade?"  If you
can, then there is a potential problem.  If you can't hear anything like
that, my guess is that either the fuel you are running has plenty of octane
for the job or the ECU is compensating properly.  In either case, you shold
be OK>

Joe