[TR] friction plates - design

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: [TR] friction plates - design
From: CarlSereda@aol.com
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2006 19:19:19 EDT
Hi Listers,
Minor question: is the new 'slotted' facings on clutch friction plates
desireable over the solid surface design of decades ago? My 1980-ish B&B disc
(that
is worn out) had solid facings whereas newer ones I see have slots. Wondering
if I should buy a NOS solid face friction plate or one of the newer
aftermarket slotted ones..
Don't think I had a problem with the solid face type on my TR3 style pressure
plate and flywheel.. wonder if the slotted type wears out faster too.
Regards,
Carl
'63 TR4 since '74

===     http://www.vtr.org