[TR] Fuel tank vent pipe on tr3

To: "triumph list" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] Fuel tank vent pipe on tr3
From: "Paul Dorsey" <dorpaul@negia.net>
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2006 00:40:18 -0400
Hi,
I have looked at the fuel line diagram which is in the Service Manual.(fuel
system chapter, figure 1, no.s 5-8)  It shows that on the tank where the
float mechanism is, is also where a vent pipe is located.  Unfortunately,
this and a few other parts were not on my 'abandoned project' when I bought
it.  I am wondering what is suppose to go on top of this float mechanism/lid
top w/ 1/4" gas gauge connection terminal?  I also don't have this 'vent
pipe?  Can someone help?
Thanks,
Paul Dorsey
60 TR3A