RE: (TR) Beading (was [TR] Anyone know a good auto glass place

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: (TR) Beading (was [TR] Anyone know a good auto glass place
From: Dennis N Culligan <dncullig@us.ibm.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2006 09:21:40 -0400
Geo wrote:
>But be aware that the beading may shrink.
snip
>You may want to have them leave the beading as long as possible so
>you've still got some material under the clip as the stuff shrinks.

    No matter how long it's left, it will eventually shrink
to the point where one clip won't do the job.  What I did
(the second time I replaced the beading) was keep a small piece
that had been cut off.  When the beading shrunk so much that
the clip no longer bridged the gap, I stuck the piece in the
gap and secured it with 2 clips (one on each end of the short
(1"-1 1/2") piece). Nearly unnoticeable and LOTS cheaper and
easier than replacing the whole thing.

Dennis Culligan, Highland, NY/ 1976 TR6 CF57948U - TR6IUMPH

===     http://www.vtr.org