[TR] Modern Brakes...

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] Modern Brakes...
From: <spit6@kning.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2006 23:37:39 -0700
Hello.

I am new to the list and have a question on my project.

I have a '78 Spitfire that I'm gutting out and putting a '71 GT6 engine into
(spit6)

With the heavier, more powerful engine, I want to update the brakes.  At
first I was just going to install the normal GT6 brakes but I had the idea
of looking into some cross-drilled and slotted rotors and 4 piston calipers.

Has anyone already done this?  Where should I go to buy these things and
what things should I be looking out for?

Ebay lists a set but I'm not sure if I should trust it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/New-Triumph-GT6-Lotus-Modern-4-piston-Big-Bra
ke-Kit_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ10076QQitemZ4594033390QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZW
D1V

Any help???

Thanks,

Kelvin