Re: [TR] What is tight and what is not. TR3B Steering

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] What is tight and what is not. TR3B Steering
From: "Terry Smith" <terryrs@adelphia.net>
Date: Sun, 30 Apr 2006 20:44:35 -0400
> What is considered "tight" when turning the wheel with no weight on the
> front end?  <snip> I've backed off the top adjusting screw as well as
> loosened the front 4 screws and it does not seem to make any difference.
> Doug

Doug, maybe I missed it.  Did you say whether your steering felt too tight
or too loose?

There are a number of culprits that can come into play asidefromthe
sterringbox.  See the Moss catalog on TR3-3B Steering.

Terry Smith
'59 TR3A 3 year Frame Off (finished and filled the cooling/heater system
today; locked down the steering column, fixed and filled the new brake
hydraulics with Dot 5).  I love a car with floors!  6 Weeks to go on the
outside!
New Hampshire

===     http://www.vtr.org