RE: [TR] What is tight and what is not. TR3B Steering

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [TR] What is tight and what is not. TR3B Steering
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 30 Apr 2006 19:58:09 -0700
> With the weight off the front, it should be relatively easy to hook a finger
> on the outside of the steering wheel spokes and turn the wheel from lock to
> lock.  Not power steering easy but well, sort of easy.

IMO, if everything is just right and the wheels are off the ground, it _should_
be very easy.  Mine felt like it wasn't connected ... a smart flip of the wheel
would spin it to the stop.

But I did install SS/brass trunnions instead of the silentblocs (courtesy of
BFE), so maybe stock silentblocs present enough resistance to feel.

Randall

===     http://www.vtr.org