RE: [TR] Falling idle speed

To: Randall <tr3driver@comcast.net>, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: [TR] Falling idle speed
From: Cameron Rooke <beaker211@rogers.com>
Date: Tue, 2 May 2006 15:58:25 -0400 (EDT)
Thanks. I'll check.

I'll also point out that I have no charcoal canister on my model. Only the
emission control valve setup like on the Mk2. Maybe this is a Canadian setup?

It definitely seems to be worse in warm weather.

Cameron

Randall <tr3driver@comcast.net> wrote: > On my '71 GT6, my idle speed slowly
drops off - normally after
> driving a while (i.e. when I come to a stoplight).

Does it happen worse when the weather is hot ?

> What could be the cause of this? I've checked the throttle cable,
> choke cable, etc. and have not found anything out of the
> ordinary. What sorts of things should I look at?

You might check the float bowl vents and vapor control system.  I'm not sure
what arrangement a 71 GT6 would have, but on some ZS carbs there is a valve
that closes at idle and forces the bowls to vent through the charcoal
canister.  A clogged canister could cause the sort of symptoms you are
seeing.

Randall

===     http://www.vtr.org