Re: [TR] TR3- getting into the car

To: triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] TR3- getting into the car
From: Steven Newell <steven@newellboys.com>
Date: Thu, 04 May 2006 17:52:00 -0600
Paul Dorsey wrote:

>Is it possible to 'step-over' the door of a TR3 in order to get into the
>car? (no top on, of course)
>Is it feasable to do so?  Would you have to step on the seat to do so?
>Would having a rollbar make it easier to do this?

Paul, you're probably best off just jumping into the car. When I jump
into my TR4 I can get my left leg past the steering wheel but I have to
fold my right leg then slide it forward after I land. It's a bit hard on
the steering wheel bushes and is probably why my horn honks
spontaneously when I turn hard.

It's much harder to jump over a rollbar, though, so you probably won't
want to install one.

Steven "Sam Weber" Newell
Littleton, CO USA
'62 TR4 x 2