RE: [TR] Power Steering

To: "List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [TR] Power Steering
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 4 May 2006 17:11:00 -0700
> The problem is that I only have
> power from centre to left and back to centre, from centre to
> right and back
> to centre has lead weighted steering, the first time I followed
> the guidance
> of not touching the control unit,

Wow, seems like really poor advice to me ... that particular problem is
almost certainly in the control unit, IMO.

What happens if you put pressure from another source (like air) into the
"turn right" port ?

> the second time I dismantled
> and cleaned
> that as well, and no improvement so as the car had to be
> available for the
> Camping weekend I bit the bullet and got the exchange rack. Any and all
> ideas will be gratefully received.

Since the supposedly rebuilt rack I bought for my Stag seemed to be OK, I
just did the control unit.  Seals were OK, the unit was just assembled
wrong, plus had what I consider a manufacturing defect.  But I have no idea
if your car has the same PAS as mine ...

Randall

===     http://www.vtr.org