RE: [TR] Gas Line, TR3A

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [TR] Gas Line, TR3A
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 6 May 2006 16:43:25 -0700
> But then I ran across archives that puzzled me around gas line size.  ISR that
> the recommendation on the List for replacement gas line was 1/4 inch OD from
> McMaster Carr.

If that was my suggestion, I was suggesting it for the run from the pump to the
carbs.

> But another archive list seems to indicate that 1/4 inch may be too small from
the
> tank to the fuel pump because of pressure drop?

I don't know.  But I'm pretty sure the original line from the tank to the pump
was 5/16".

And although it never caused me a problem, I could see the drop in pressure at
the carbs when the engine in my 59 TR3A was at full output.  Not sure what
caused it, but I sure wouldn't want to make it any worse.

Randall

===     http://www.vtr.org