[TR] NON LBC- NEW AIR COMPRESSOR

To: "Triumphs" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] NON LBC- NEW AIR COMPRESSOR
From: "Dave Connitt" <dconnitt@fuse.net>
Date: Tue, 9 May 2006 23:28:26 -0400
Hi,
First off, I know there have been previous questions posed to the list
regarding compressors but here goes again. (Sorry)
I have a Sears Oil Free compressor that max's out at 6.8 cfm at 40 CFM.
(What ever that smoke and mirrors spec. means). It has served me pretty well
but I have access to a nice blast cabinet that I can use for cleaning parts
with. Since my son is flipping houses, the chances of me scoring big on a
cheap electric oven makes powder coating very attractive.
I have two issues;
1. What I have is extremely noisy. I want a quieter compressor.
2. I need a about double that output to run the blast cabinet nicely.

With one option being spending $1,000.00 for a new, 2-stage compressor, what
other options do I have? For reference, I can run a 220 single phase service
out to my garage. Our house originally had a heat pump and when Cincinnati
Gas and Electric ran a gas line through my front yard, I jumped all over the
chance to hook into it. Since then we have a gas drier, gas range, and a
high efficiency furnace (can't believe I still have a propane grill).
Anyway, can anybody suggest a good air compressor to replace what I have?
Thanks,
Dave Connitt

===     http://www.vtr.org