Re: [TR] NON LBC- NEW AIR COMPRESSOR

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] NON LBC- NEW AIR COMPRESSOR
From: "Kentech Home Technology" <kentech@midmaine.com>
Date: Thu, 11 May 2006 09:36:14 -0400
I just purchased a new compressor so I'll chime in on this. After a lot of
searching and a budget less than the $700 that someone mentioned for the IR
SSL5 (which I liked but could not afford), I purchased a 60 gallon Kobalt
model K7060HFV from Lowe's. Lowe's offer two 60 gallon units, I purchased
the high-output model for $500. It is rated 12,000 hours at 100% duty cycle,
requires 20amp 220V hookup. Output is high for a single stage at 13.3 SCFM @
90 psi and has a 3 year warranty. It runs much quieter than my previous
33gal 5HP unit, sounds more like a whirring than clanging.

Most important is plumbing correctly to avoid moisture. I used best quality
1/2" copper pipe and drain after each drop, slightly sloping the run
downward. Each drop (3 total) uses a HF blue cylinder water separator with
gauge. You can get these frequently on sale at HF for around $20. For hookup
to the compressor, I installed a ball valve at the compressor end, then had
a 1/2"NPT flex hose made up at NAPA and connected it to a union that I
soldered to the 1/2" copper pipe which is rigidly mounted to the wall. This
way, I can disconnect at the union if needed, while providing vibration
isolation from the hard lines.

Still extremely pleased with this compressor and my new setup and would
recommend it. And yes, it runs while I blast alot but is designed to do so.

PeterK

===     http://www.vtr.org