Re: [TR] 3B Head

To: dkspence@telus.net, Triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] 3B Head
From: TR250Driver@aol.com
Date: Wed, 10 May 2006 13:07:47 EDT
In a message dated 5/10/2006 11:23:00 AM Eastern Standard Time,
dkspence@telus.net writes:

> Were not 3B engines just TR4 engines?

Well, yeah sort of, at least the TCF 3B's.  I may be being a little anal here
but My 3B has a TR4 style, High Port Head with a flat spot on the forward
hump that has a serial number on it.  So first choice would be to keep that
head
just because!

Second choice would be to find a TR4 Head that matches with just a different
serial number but it appears that not all TR4 heads are going to match.  For
instance my 62 TR4 has a TR3A style High Port Head with the four humps but no
flat spot.  There is even supposed to be some with the flat spot but no serial
number.  Confused yet?  I am!  The head on my 63 TR4 matches so I guess I have
back up but then am I screwing that one up too?

BTW, the report from the machine shop is that the 3B's head will be fine.

Cheers,
Darrell

===     http://www.vtr.org