[TR] Thanks for painting tip

To: "triumphs" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] Thanks for painting tip
From: Kevin Thompson <kthompson@whoi.edu>
Date: Sun, 14 May 2006 10:58:04 -0400
A big thanks goes out to whoever it was who mentioned taping the edges
of the door leading from the garage to the house while painting. I
usually just accepted the paint smell getting into the house, and the
associated complaints by SWMBO. All very valid complaints, to be sure.
  So yesterday, while all prepped to spray the primer in the engine bay
and repaired floors on the TR3 project, I dutifully taped the door
edges, being very careful to get all the gaps covered. I had warned
SWMBO not to use the door to the garage, and not to lock the front door
to the house so I could get back in when I was done. So, while doing the
taping, I started having visions of her nonchalantly opening the door to
tell me I had a phone call, to bring a coffee out, or just to see what I
was doing. Well, that never happened. All was fine, the prep was done,
the door was taped, and I was ready! Now, where the heck is the spray
gun? Oh ya, in the basement with the hose. So, don't I just walk right
up to the door I just finished taping, open it and start walking through
when I realize what I just did. I burst out laughing at myself. She
shows up, always at the right time of course, and just looks at me. I
don't think she even knows what happened, and figures I'm just having
another one of my "moments"...... And I ain't tellin'  !!!!!!!!!!
  Cheers,
Kevin Thompson
Cape Cod British Car Club
'76 TR6