[TR] A-Type Overdrive Lever Adjustment Problem

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: [TR] A-Type Overdrive Lever Adjustment Problem
From: Michael Godley <mgodley@tiac.net>
Date: Sun, 14 May 2006 14:08:14 -0400 (GMT-04:00)
Folks,

Like several others recently I have been working to solve an overdrive
problem... in my case the O/D is slow to engage....as in I can count to 5 or 6.

When checking the operating lever adjustment.  I found that no amount of
tightening of the bolt/nut will keep the  the lever from spinning on
theoperating shaft..even to the point where  the two halves of the lever
touch..preventing further movement   The shaft does not appear to be stripped
.....but the diameter of the levers "bore" is to large...maybe that has
enlarged or stripped over the years..who knows

The shop manual and Moss catalog show a collar, and a seal/o-ring respectively.
 On my unit there is a 1/4 inch thick washer or distance piece on the shaft
between the lever and the body....is this the collar?.....or is there a piece
which slips over the shaft?  Also, there is no seal or 0-ring visible...what is
the proper configuration?

Suppose I could order new lever but concerned I could have the same problem if
something else if missing.  Your counsel would be appreciated......if my
configuration is correct any suggesions on best way to approach this

Thanks

Mike Godley
65-TR4A

===     http://www.vtr.org