Re: [TR] wish list

To: TR250Driver@aol.com, triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] wish list
From: Steven Newell <steven@newellboys.com>
Date: Mon, 22 May 2006 16:13:11 -0600
Darrell wrote:

>But if you think of it isn't variety the spice of life?  Instead of that one
>big bucks ride that gets sideways when you stomp on the gas, we LBC type guys
>can have multiple rides, so life is good.

That's sure part of the attraction for me. By choosing interesting old
cars under $10K I get to keep several of them around the house.
Especially if they're used as daily transport, it's essentially a "free"
hobby. Eventually I hope to have a classic car for every need:

Running errands and sunny day driving: TR4
Taking the family someplace: TR4, when my boys are too big then 2 TR4's
Commuter sedan: BMW 2002
Ski ride: Range Rover classic
Grocery getter: Volvo 122S wagon
Loaf of bread getter: Lancia Fulvia
Drive kids to prom: Bentley Corniche
Pick up sod from landscaping supply place: Bentley Corniche

I have some more collecting to do, I guess. BTW here's a photo from my
latest sod pick-up:
    http://newellboys.com/2005/Sod-it-all.jpg

Perhaps if I made a matrix with all the reasons to drive
cross-referenced against all the cars that I want which would meet those
needs, maybe my lovely wife would see the sense in a Lancia on the curb?

Steven Newell
Littleton, CO USA
'62 TR4 x 2

===     http://www.vtr.org