Re: [TR] so bizzare you will cry laughing

To: "Geo & Kathleen Hahn" <ahwahnee@cybertrails.com>
Subject: Re: [TR] so bizzare you will cry laughing
From: "Chris Simonsen" <ccsimonsen@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 25 May 2006 19:55:24 -0400
Geo - you are correct.

Just looked on my very much neglected TR2 hovering over the TR4.  Never gave
the zerk much thought in my early years - just gave it a squirt with all the
many others....
My great uncle (who gave both the TR2 and TR4 to me - some 20 years
apart...) always packed the bearings and put a "little extra" in the cap
before we tapped it back in place..

He also taught me how to set the points with the cellophane from his pack of
camels....

He also showed me the simple pleasure of Schafer beer....before I was
legal.  These days it would show up on the today show. Back then it was a
rite of passage and a major milestone that an adult saw me (all 14 years
old) as a peer...... Of all the adults I remember - he is the only one that
always treated me as ... for lack of better words... another car guy.

I hold him soley responsible for this british car diesease that is with me
today. (Drove the TR4 to work 35 days straight now.....)

Chris

===     http://www.vtr.org