Re: [TR] so bizzare you will cry laughing

To: <lstein6@gmail.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] so bizzare you will cry laughing
From: "Michael Marr" <mmarr@notwires.com>
Date: Thu, 25 May 2006 21:56:43 -0500
> could almost cry that someone could think they repacked the bearings by
> packing the dust cap :(  larry stein

Now my memory is getting a little hazy after all these years and many "light
and bitters", but it seems to me that this was the recommended method for
packing the front bearings for many LBCs of the 50s and 60s, as described in
workshop manuals.  I know for a fact (I think!), that my Morris Minor manual
said to do it this way.  Supposedly, centrifugal (centripetal?  I can never
get them straight...) force would move the grease out of the cap and into
the bearing races.

But, I could be full of it.

Michael Marr
1960 TR3A