[TR] Which distributor?

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: [TR] Which distributor?
From: "Jim Wallace" <grandfatherjim@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 29 May 2006 15:12:55 -0400
I believe the TR3a and TR4a distributors are different. This being the case,
adn since I have one of each, which should I use on my TR3a engine which now
has 87.2 mm pistons?
I have the stock TR3 cam in place, and still have the H6 carbs, though I
could change to the HS6, as I have a set of those too.
I guess my question is, what do the distributor specs primarily deal with -
is it the cam lift/duration, compression ratio, or something else? I bet the
answer is really "everything", but I am curious as to what is the most
dominant issue.
Thanks,
Jim Wallace
2TS81417L + O