RE: [TR] Which distributor?

To: "Anthony Rhodes" <spamiam@comcast.net>,
Subject: RE: [TR] Which distributor?
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 30 May 2006 18:16:20 -0700
> Jim, I believe that it is a DM2 on all the dizzies up
> to/including (I think)
> TR4.  The TR4A had a 25D4.

The information I have handy seems to indicate that some early TR4s used
DM2, and some late TR3B used 25D4.  Also, there was a "factory approved"
25D4 replacement for the earlier engines, so many of them have 25D4 as well.

But the dizzy model number doesn't tell you the important part, the advance
curve.  Lucas made literally hundreds of different distributors all bearing
the "DM2" and "25D4" models, the difference was the part number and the
advance curves.  There were several different DM2s used on TRs, with
different advance curves, and likewise several different 25D4s used, with
different advance curves.

I show 40403, 40480, 40698, 40734, 40735 as the DM2 models used, and 40795,
40798, 40842, and 40850 as the 25D4 models used, all on TR2-4A.

Randall

===     http://www.vtr.org