[TR] Any experience with Moss replacement steering rack for TR4a-6?

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: [TR] Any experience with Moss replacement steering rack for TR4a-6?
From: "Randy&Val DeRuiter" <deruiterville@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 31 May 2006 11:52:02 -0500
Hi-

The Moss technical expert is out on vacation for a while so I was hoping to
get some information from the list.  I am considering the purchase of a Moss
steering rack, #667-125, to replace my aging rack.  This rack is not the
quick ratio one, it is simply listed in their catalog as a complete standard
rack and pinion setup.

The twist for me is that I will need to change out the inner ball pins to
the longer lengths suitble for a TR4.  So the question is:  has anyone
purchased one of these, and if so is it parts compatible with original TR
racks?  I don't want to buy it only to find out the TR4 ball pin won't work
in it.

Thanks,
Randy
65 TR4 front suspension done except for rack

===     http://www.vtr.org