[TR] Support your local Tonneau (or making a birdbath)

To: TR <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] Support your local Tonneau (or making a birdbath)
From: "Chris Simonsen" <ccsimonsen@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 31 May 2006 14:44:44 -0400
Hi All!

I live in northeast North Carolina - home of the random afternoon
thunderstorm.

I keep a piece of 1/4 in x 2 inch moulding  in an arch between my hood stick
pivots to keep the tonneau from being flat and collecting water.

Most of the time,  it works - sometimes it rains so hard the arch reverses
and if I come out soon enough I see a nice pool of water between the dash
and the doors.  If I don't come out - all that water finds it's way into the
car.

One day I think I will make a folding support that becomes a wind buffer
behind the seats when in the up position and when folded down becomes a
tonneau support.  In the meantime, I'm looking for other ideas. - Or maybe
someone has already done this and can share their plans.

What do you do to support your Tonneau?   Please contact me off list as I'm
not sure this would interest too many people.

Thanks

Chris

63 TR4 - not too soggy.

===     http://www.vtr.org