RE: [TR] Rebuilding mech. fuel pump

To: "JohnD" <johnsfolly@gmail.com>, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: [TR] Rebuilding mech. fuel pump
From: "Greg Gelhar" <ggelhar@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 4 Sep 2006 06:22:32 -0500
Hi John,

There are only a few reasons your rebuilt fuel pump won't operate. If the
two valves and their gaskets were not installed in the right direction, it
will not function. Are you sure the diaphragm was connected? When operating
the pump by hand, off the car, you should hear it make that "wuk wuk" sound
and you will feel a vacuum at the inlet port. If, by chance, the operating
lever did not end up on the cam lobe properly when installed, there would
be no pumping action as well. There IS only limited wrenching space on a 3.

Greg Gelhar
1973TR6
1980 TR8
Osseo, MN

> I know...why bother, but I bought a rebuild kit, took the pump from the
Old

===     http://www.vtr.org