Re: [TR] Weight and wire

To: John Gillis <jgillis@tcd.ie>
Subject: Re: [TR] Weight and wire
From: Bob Labuz <yellowtr@adelphia.net>
Date: Mon, 4 Sep 2006 06:52:11 -0400
On Monday 04 September 2006 04:40 am, John Gillis wrote:
> Two quick questions; many of the wires on my new to be installed loom
> are bare and I am guessing these are the wires that fit screw
> terminals, should I fit eyelets or tin the ends of the wire or just
> wrap the wire around the screw as it is?
> Second question, about to fit my engine and box as a unit back into
> the car (apron off), but cannot find in any of my publications the
> weight of these two or even just the engine, I'd like to know before
> I hire a engine crane to do the job.
> Thanks in advance
> John
John,

On my TR3A, I did tin the wires that fit into screw terminals, such as most of
the dash switches. And in over 26 years, no electrical problems. Make sure
you tignten the screws tight. Should be easy on new wires. Just be carefull
not to damage the insulation.

I have no idea what the engine/trans weigh. Alot since the engine is about 90
% cast iron. A guess would be about 4 to 500 lbs. I use a 2 ton chain fall
with no problems. Got the chain fall from harbor freight for about 50 bucks.

Bob

===     http://www.vtr.org